Aith Gun

Aith Gun
Breezy Isles, Shetland

Friday, April 16, 2010

My Dads Birthday

Tomorrow, my Dad will turn 70. Sadly he will know nothing of this, his memories have been atacked by Alzheimer's

I visit him as often as I can, he had little recolection of me 2 years ago, but the last visit the whole world seemed a challenge for him.

It is upsetting to watch a person go through this, and for me the knowledge that what my Dad does now would sicken him if his mind were to return.

He currently lives in his own house and has support, but to be fair to his dignity, he needs full time professional care.

My sister and myself do what we can do, we are not trained in these matters, and I think we have our own worries and fears towards this.

So to my Dads memory, I raise a glass. Happy birthday Dad, where ever you are...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday too, and treasure the time while you can. I know from experience.

    PS tried to post a comment about those sculling boats on your other thread but no idea what happened LOL.

    ReplyDelete