Aith Gun

Aith Gun
Breezy Isles, Shetland

Thursday, April 08, 2010

The three and a half miles home from work

Leaving work on my bike I travel past a few interesting places and sites.


I first cross the River Lostock http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Lostock


Then along a footpath next to the A6

After a while I pass Pickerings Farm House and barn built in the 17th century and extended during the 18th century..

Just up the road is Todd Hall, built in 1630..

After another few minutes go past an old Mill which is now a trade centre..


Then across the East Cosat Main Line (Rail)
North...

South...




Then down some country lanes...


I come across Lords House Farm...



Soon to be Raized...


Then there is the horsey sect...


And then, a housing estate where folks live with this sorta view (outragous, get me a Faradays Cage!!)


Down a crappy path...
The view up....
The mean machine...
My street and my house...note the 3 varieties of Thyme in the window, Oregano, Parsley and garlic, Rosemary in the large pot..

















































1 comment:

  1. Todd Hall looks ace. Photo of pylong cool too.

    I the gun at Aith? Only been to the ones on Vementry.

    Kev

    ReplyDelete