Aith Gun

Aith Gun
Breezy Isles, Shetland

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

400 litres of Ice

Well, the last evening of sub zero temperature killed off my water butts. I came home to find them both split along the bottom and up the sides. I now think that I should have emptied them. Good new though, now it is thawing I can see my carp survived in the pond. I left the pump and filter going and he seemed to have survived by staying in the movement of water between them. I do hope you all had a great time over the last few days. Here here to a great New Year.

www.shetlandpeat.blogspot.com
TWITTER = shetlandpeat

2 comments:

  1. Good job the carp aren't in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birds eye carp lol.

    Took a few days to go. They both had water trapped within them for a couple of days.
    60 pounds worth of water butts gone.

    ReplyDelete