Aith Gun

Aith Gun
Breezy Isles, Shetland

Friday, January 07, 2011

Where is it all going?

As I sit here at work watching the snow white washin the land on which I live, I wonder why folks seem to be a little less caring nowadays. Because I work for a local authority, it seems I may have to pay for the mistakes made by those who are now awarding themselves huge bonuses and wage rises. It seems that we need to slash budgets so much it seems outragous and a disrespect for folks labours. We are going to cut up and scrap Nimrods that are about to go into service. The job losses, compensation for breached contracts and the moral well being of the community are a huge cost to take, then the skilled folk will leave, ideas and innovations will stagnate and this part of British industry will die back to service the ideals of folk who were not directly elected into power.

www.shetlandpeat.blogspot.com
TWITTER = shetlandpeat

1 comment: