Aith Gun

Aith Gun
Breezy Isles, Shetland

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A good start at 60 Deg North

It always nice to meet a smiling face. I went into the pub last night to be greeted with smiles from folk who know me. Then for a second, knowing them I thought too that I may still have some of my tea still on my face. And it was as if I had never been away. The stories, tales and banter continued from 6 months before. Shetland has hever changing feelings in my heart, the land holds some of my kin and my best friend, its buildings hold my Dad who suffers with Alzheimer's. Another building shelters my Uncle who has been confined to a life of limited mobility, but he will improve. I have met some new folk already, happy sorta people with a nice attitude and a sense of caring. I still feel proud and very happy to be related to all these people. And very priviliged to have met, known and getting to know them.
TWITTER = shetlandpeat

No comments:

Post a Comment