Aith Gun

Aith Gun
Breezy Isles, Shetland

Friday, May 06, 2011

Election Victory

At last I can break my silence.

For the last month or so I have been unable to comment in many places due to me standing in Borough and Town elections.

At about 04.30 on 6th May I was elected as Borough Councilor for the ward I was standing in.

I missed winning on Town Council by 3 votes. But, one may be enough for now.

I have been unable to present my radio show but have been able to produce it, still playing some gud toons and using a computer generated voice called aDell. She got quite an attitude and I feel she will be back.

It has been a busy month, delivering thousands of leaflets, knocking on hundreds of doors and speaking to many folk.

Yesterday I visited every road in my ward on my bike with party flag, rosette and greetings to all. This seemed to have got me the most votes in the Ward.

I could not do all of this without the support of party workers, volunteers and activists and of course those who have put their trust in me.

Reflecting on it I feel quite privileged to have been given this task. I will do my upmost to represent all of my ward.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment