Aith Gun

Aith Gun
Breezy Isles, Shetland

Sunday, July 11, 2021


 Changing Times




It has been a while since I last updated this blog. Many reasons, but on the main, I have been concentrating on other platforms. So, now is maybe the time to start this again and write down what I think and feel as time marches on and eventually leaves me behind (bit of a while to go I hope).

In the last few years, I have gone to look at defending my childrens right to live in a healthy environment and have been involved in a number of campaigns around the use of fossil fuels and use what we have already to form a substantial base to step off from in order to keep the air free of toxins.

My Dad died in 2017 and have also lost two lovely people in my Auntie Pat and Uncle Tom. As we do, we often spend time reflecting on their lives and how much they were instrumental in the way I think and feel today. Dad passed away from Sepsis while he was under the pernicious disease that is Alzheimer's which he dealt with for over a decade. He missed out on seeing new members of our family and feeling the care and love of us all as he faded.

I am still an elected member for South Ribble Borough Council and Penwortham Town Council. I have been the Mayor of the town and am now the Lead Member for the Environment and Chair of the Climate Emergency Committee.

Will keep this short for now, later today, the country will in the main, get behind the English football team as they, for many, have a chance of a lifetime to win a major event, of which, I wish them luck and am getting to like more Garreth Southgate.

See ya soon

No comments:

Post a Comment